Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Timely Demise of the Hipster by Daniel Pinchbeck

I just read this article in the August 2011 issue of Dazed and Confused written by author and Dazed "resident shaman" Daniel Pinchbeck. I must say it's an inspiring yet delightful article calling for the death of the hipster, who he describes as an "icon of postmodern cool[...] disaffected, stylish cynical, in flight of responsibility".

The article does remind me of the "death of the hipster" piece in Adbusters that was out a few years back, without the blatant pessimism. I prefer Pinchbeck's piece for its more pro-intellect and pro-passion than anti-establishment or armchair-cynic stance. In fact, I couldn't help but shout, YES, YES, YES! to myself as I was reading the article.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...